Are the camp leaders trained?
For your peace of mind, all of our volunteers are covered by Turning Point Ministries' comprehensive safety policies and procedures. Our team members attend TPM's annual Leadership Camp and all hold a current Working With Vulnerable People card (ACT) or Working With Children Check (NSW), in accordance with State and Territory Guidelines. We also carry out reference checks to ensure our volunteers hold a respected place in their faith communities and are suitably experienced to work with children on camp.
Are you considering joining our team of volunteers?
TPM relies on the involvement of Team Members to assist in the running of our events.
Different Team Member roles include Activity Helpers, Group Leaders, Camp Parents, Prayer Team, and Worship Team members. We value the contribution of all Team Members!
If you're interested in applying to be one of the above roles during a camp, you must first complete a Team Member Application form.
This form outlines the Code of Conduct for Team Members and asks you to provide some information about yourself, as well as details of two referees.
You can apply to be a Junior Team Member if you are 16-18 years old,
and a Team Member if you are 18 years or older.
TEAM MEMBER APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Complete LCA Professional Standards Training online. Please email us for information on how to do this.
2. Complete Team Member Application form
3. Attend TPM Leadership Camp
4. Submit your Expression of Interest for TPM Camps when the email link is sent out.
5. TPM Admin will be in touch with you and send you the links and details to register for camp. This will happen closer to each camp as we finalise budgets and camp costs etc. An Expression of Interest doesn't guarantee a spot for you on camp - we are always looking at the broader picture and balancing the genders and experience levels of leaders etc.